Friday, February 4, 2011

Soon it'll be a year...

Even though we're in February, I feel that the month of May is still around the corner somehow. The month of May will make it a year since I've graduated. I have been looking for a job since graduation and I have not been able to hold onto anything stable. The class of 2010 may just have been the unluckiest of all its years...

However I try to stay on the positive side of things and have faith that things come to those who wait. So, in the mean while I will write about my work experiences since graduation as well as other activities. For the majority of the summer I was unable to enjoy myself because of the lack of a job. I have also been pressured (no names) by certain family members about Graduate school. Now, I am in the process of trying to pay for my loans, why on earth would I add on to my stress meter?

I would prefer having experience in the field that I have studied. Though now looking back seems to be close to impossible. Yet I can not lose hope because I refuse to give up on my dreams. Even if I were to go into another direction I still have to try my best. I at least owe that much to myself . Also I have started to receive interviews and better opportunities now than the time since I've graduated...

Times certainly have been rough. My friends have gone in two directions: graduate school or the work place. Are those the only two directions I am allowed? Then let me take time to redefine the terms for myself and create a third option. Volunteer and intern even if it means no pay because who knows? It might lead me somewhere. Even though I should have interned while I was an undergraduate, there's a voice that says "it's never too late."

1 comment:

  1. Right. On.

    It's hard times all around, girl. (THINGS ARE ROUGH ALL OVER, PONYBOY.) I know that I definitely have been way, way down. But we'll get through it. First this blog, and then world/internet domination...

    ReplyDelete